Monday, February 28, 2011

Hear the voice of the Holy One whispering to you ...

Lately I’ve been feasting on the wisdom of Desmond Tutu and his daughter Mpho Tutu, as recorded in their book, made for goodness and why this makes all the difference.  Each chapter ends with a poem based on scripture, with reminders of God’s deep delight in us and invitation to us to live into this awesome reality. 

Hear the voice of the Holy One whispering to you ...

You are a child after my own heart.
Seek out your deepest joy and you will find me there.
Find that which makes you most perfectly yourself and know that I
     am at the heart of it.
Do what delights you
And you will be working with me,
Walking with me,
Finding your life
Hidden in me.

Ask me any question.
My answer is love.
When you want to hear my voice,
Listen for love.
How can you delight me?
I will tell you:
Love.
The tough, unbreakable, unshakable love.
Are you looking for me?
You will find me in love.
Would you know my secrets?
There is only one:
Love.
Do you want to know me?
Do you yearn to follow me?
Do you want to reach me?
Seek and serve love.

Sharon Copeman

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful poem, Sharon! Thank you for sharing. I will hold it close to my heart ... in love.
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete