Friday, September 28, 2012

Earth Prayers

                                                                                              Picture by Treena Duncan
O Sacred season of Autumn, be my teacher,
      for I wish to learn the virtue of contentment.
As I glaze upon your full-colored beauty,
     I sense all about you
     an at-homeness with your amber riches.

You are the season of retirement,
     of full barns and harvested fields.
The cycle of growth has ceased,
     and the busy work of giving life
     is now completed.
I sense in you no regrets:
     you've lived a full life.

I live in a society that is ever-restless,
     always eager for more mountains to climb,
     seeking happiness through more and more possessions.
As a child of my culture,
     I am seldom truly at peace with what I have.
Teach me to take stock of what I have given and received,
     may I know that it's enough,
     that my striving can cease
     in the abundance of God's grace.
May I know the contentment
     that allows the totality of my energies
     to come to full flower.
May I know that like you I am rich beyond measure.

As you, O Autumn, take pleasure in your great bounty,
     let me also take delight
     in the abundance of the simple things in life
     which are the true source of joy.
With the golden glow of peaceful contentment
     may I truly apprecieate this autumn day.

~Written by, Edward Hays
From the book: Earth Prayers from around the World
Edited by Elizabeth Rothers and Elias Amidon



6 comments:

  1. Hey there! Would you mind if I share this article "Earth Prayers" with my community group? I have read and re read this article and I think that a lot of or community folks will like this post. I will bookmark your site and let them enjoy too. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Irumole); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
    for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice earth prayers. I have never seen this one though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. colocation

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site. a course in miracles quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome motivating article. I am practically satisfied with your great work. You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post. Blog a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete