Friday, January 6, 2012

Epiphany 2012

"Always say “yes” to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? what could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say “yes” to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you."       E.Tolle

I think this quote is appropriate for Epiphany. I see life and faith as an invitation to blossom, to stretch my abilities, and experience my gifts but I do have to say yes first to the many opportunities set before me.  My sister decided two years ago that her life was boring, dull and flat. Her description not mine. She also decided that her goal for 2010 would be to say yes to everything. Recently she exclaimed to me with a huge "Wow" in her voice, "My life is so exciting now!".
When I say opportunities I do not necessarily mean large commitments and responsibilities. An opportunity could mean a conversation with someone new, a book we are offered, a walk, a one day course on a subject we would never have considered before. An opportunity is something new. We do get stuck in comfortable ruts which cause limitations to our thinking and being.
The spirit of God is always speaking to us....always. Epiphany is to be reminded of how large, vast and mysterious the Spirit is. Epiphany is to be reminded of how large, vast and mysterious our lives are. Be surprised by joy as C.S.Lewis says. It only comes from stepping outside our comfort zone.
Thanks be to God

Posted by Sally McShane

No comments:

Post a Comment