Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Winding Down

Lately my life has felt pretty much unretired, or maybe just tired!  It gets that way sometimes - I tell myself it has to - and I let it happen.  I know it will calm down in time, again.  So when the reminder came from Brenda “It’s your turn” I went to my book shelves, since my spirit felt too frenzied in the midst of the stuff I’ve been about today.  Pretty quickly I found the reminder I need in the midst of the “stuff” of today.  Maybe you need it too.  If you do - then we might spend some time “together in spirit” with the truth of these words from the wisdom of Ann Weems:

We run around the world and church
like wound-up toys,
looking for a way to get to Easter
without reading the instructions.
When we wind down,
we lie on the floor
on our faces,
unable to move.
Perhaps, in the still and the silence,
God will give us the courage
to see our souls
and give us the chance
once more
to choose Life:
faith, rather than frenzy.

Choose life!  I’d say also, choose love!  God is always loving us with a love that is strong beyond our imagining, refreshing as gentle rain on the parched earth, near as the air that holds us and fills us. 
God invites us to be still, and know this love is ours... and rest in this love.
Soak it up!
Just Be!

Sharon Copeman

No comments:

Post a Comment